Saturday, September 29, 2012

The World of Eric Carle - Part 2









These are some pics from Eric Carle's 'Animals Animals'.  Such a cool book full of poems and artwork.  Look at the first poem - butterflies in the snow - yes that would be a wonderful sight!  We also have Lewis Carroll's 'How Doth the Little Crocodile', and I love this Giraffe poem - 'Because.  Because, because, that's why!' The last picture here is of some pages from The Very Hungry Caterpillar that I mod-podged onto a canvas to put on the walls of my daughter's room.  I love this cheery sun and peaceful moon.
Enjoy this video of Eric Carle discussing his most famous book and his illustration style.

It is a dream of mine to go to this place - The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art.  It opened 10 years ago.  The Museum has a collection of more than 10,000 picture book illustrations, 3 art galleries, an art studio, a theatre, educational programs, etc.  It hosts storytimes, art classes, classes for educators, lectures, musicals, and rotating exhibits about different illustrators and book characters - right now there are some about Ezra Jack Keats and Maisy Mouse.  HOW COOL IS THIS PLACE???!!  If I lived in Massachusetts I would totally go there all the time with my kids and if I was still teaching you know I would totally be rocking the class field trips there every year!

Linking to Cozy Book Hop at Reading List
and Kid Lit Blog Hop #2

11 comments:

  1. Oh, funny! I just checked this one and Eric Carle's Dragons, Dragons out from the library two days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful collection of pictures, thanks so much for sharing. The museum looks amazing. It's a long way away from me - but maybe - one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be quite a big trip for you Barbara! :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, we LOVE Eric Carle! Thanks for the artwork. It's just wonderful!
    Thanks for participating in the Kid Lit Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a dream to go the his museum too! My sister lives in NY and went up to the museum a couple of years ago. She sent me a whole stack of postcards with his artwork (which are now framed and hanging in baby girls room)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The illustrations are so unique and love that this book features them alongside those wonderful poems!

    Thanks for linking into the Kid Lit Blog Hop! Nice to see you again! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Eric Carle! I didn't know there was a museum dedicated to his work - that would be amazing. Thanks for linking up to the Kid Lit Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete