Sunday, November 4, 2012

Turning 6 with Dr. Seuss

 
 
 
 
 
 
Posted by PicasaSome pictures here of my daughter's 6th birthday party with a Dr. Seuss theme.  Not sure how well you can see her dress  but I ordered it from Etsy - it has Cat in the Hat fabric on it.  I bought the Dr. Seuss book 'Happy Birthday to You' and had her party guests sign it.  We played the Cat in the Hat "I Can Do That" game and made Cat in the Hat hats.  In lieu of actual loot bags, I bought Dr. Seuss books from the used book store and tied them to balloons to give as favours.  It was a fun time!  I took out ALL the Dr. Seuss books from the library to add to the ones we own to use as part of the party decor. I also had a Dr. Seuss teacher bulletin board set to use to decorate.  I will have some upcoming posts about Dr. Seuss books.  Quite a few people that came to the party said they hadn't known that Dr. Seuss actually wrote so many books.  I think that most people are more familiar with the Early Reader ones but don't always know about books such as Thidwick the Big-Hearted Moose, for example.

4 comments:

  1. Loved every little thing about that party! Once again you kept to the theme so well without going crazy with costs. I love Dr. Seuss but I know there are a lot of his books I've never read. My kids loved getting books as favours and it was even better since they hadn't read them before. Thanks and I look forward to your Dr. Seuss posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her dress! And the Cat in the Hat hat is a scream!

    When I was little, my beginning readers and my dad's copy of The Grinch were among my favorite books. Then I was a Dr. Seuss nut in grade school, and checked out all of the books in the school library. I loved Thidwick, and the Horton books, and The Lorax, and Yertle the Turtle. But I was adult before I got to the non-rhyming books, like The King's Stilts and the Bartholomew books, which I adore now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that hat! What a wonderful party! :)

    ReplyDelete